Saturday, October 31, 2009

Scripture Study (Sat, Oct 31, 2009)

Scripture Study

Mosiah 2:38 (8:57 AM)

How do I open my heart to the "demands of divine
justice" now so I am "awaken... to a lively sense
of [my] own guilt "now, so I can repent?

I need to "hear" the word of God or the words
of Christ. I must "believe all the words" of
Christ and His prophets (see Mosiah 5:2). My
"[heart] must be changed through faith on his name"
(see Mosiah 5:7). I must "[view] [myself] in [my] own
carnal state "(Mosiah 3:2) I must let" the fear of
the Lord... come upon [me]" so I can view my
self in this state.

What does it mean "[view] [myself] in [my] own carnal
state" to let "the fear of the Lord... come upon [me]"?

Jeremiah-Lamentations
(52)                  (5)

{Does this indicate less than 1 to 10 ratio on lamenting or complaining?}

Jeremiah 36:16

"...when they had heard all these words, they were
afraid both one and other"

Hebrews 12:28

"...have grace, whereby we may serve God
acceptably with reverence and godly fear..."

Eccl. 3:14

"I knew that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall
be for ever: nothing can be put to it,

Ecclesiastes 3:14 (cont.)

"nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it,
that men should fear before him."

Ecclesiastes 5:12

"the sleep of a labouring man is sweet, whether
he eat little or much: but the abundance of the
rich will not suffer him to sleep."

No comments:

Post a Comment