Monday, April 30, 2012

Scripture Study: Sunday, April 29, 2012

7:20 AM

2 Nephi 32:8-9

Seminary Scripture.  I am currently learning this scripture in Spanish.  I no longer remember the English song for this scripture.

How do I "hearken unto the Spirit which teacheth me [me] to pray"?  If I do I will "know that [I] must pray."  An "evil spirit" would teach me "not ... to pray."  In fact, it would teach "[me] that [I] must not pray."  But the words of Christ teach me that "[I] must pray always, and not faint; that [I] must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place [I] shall pray unto the Father in name of Christ, that he will consecrate [my] performance unto [me], that [my] performance may be for the welfare of my soul."

What does it mean to faint?

I am sure that as I read the conference and ponder over these things that I will have the answers to my questions.

2 Nephi 26

1

"...and the words which he shall speak unto you shall be the law which ye shall do."

3

"... and they perish because they cast out the prophets, and the saints..."

I believe that to "cast out the prophets" I but need to ignore what they say.

1 Nephi 19:7

"... Yea, even the very God of Israel do men trample under their feet...in other words---they set him at naught and hearken not to the voice of his counsels."

Also under 'TG Prophets, Rejection of" they reference the very same verse I reference above.

Yes, it is "by small and simple things [that] great things [are] brought to pass; and [the Lord by] small means in many instances doth" overwhelm my heart (see


No comments:

Post a Comment