By President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Ensign, May 2012, page 58.
"We need to be constantly reminded of the eternal reasons behind the things we are commanded to do."
"[I] need to ... constantly [remind] {myself} of the eternal reasons behind the things [I am] commanded to do."
He gives me weakness that I might be humble. If I humble myself before Him and have faith in Him, than will He make weak things become strong unto me (see Ether 12:27).
We need to be constantly reminded of the eternal reasons behind the things we are commanded to do. The basic gospel principles need to be part of our life's fabric, even if it means learning them over and over again.
Se nos tienen que recordar constantemente las razones eternas detrás de lo que se nos ha mandado hacer. Los principios básicos del Evangelio deben ser parte de nuestra vida, aunque signifique aprenderlos una y otra vez.
Desire to believe.
Alma 32:27
27 But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words.
Alma 29:4
4 I ought not to harrow up in my desires the firm decree of a just God, for I know that he granteth unto men according to their desire, whether it be untodeath or unto life; yea, I know that he allotteth unto men, yea, decreeth unto them decrees which are unalterable, according to their wills, whether they beunto salvation or unto destruction.
thank God for the plan of happiness
gracias a Dios por el plan de felicidad
pídanle a Dios, nuestro Padre Celestial, que ilumine su mente y conmueva su corazón.
Ask God, our Heavenly Father, to enlighten your mind and touch your heart.
Mantenernos centrados en los principios básicos de vivir el Evangelio
Staying focused on the basic principles of gospel living
The fundamental problem is not what you have done, but what you are not doing.

No comments:
Post a Comment